The J.O. Combs Unified School District has a long and proud tradition of excellence in education. As our school district and community grow, we are committed to preserving the small school atmosphere where students and families are known by staff and treated with respect, as well as providing educational experiences in which the entire family can participate and be proud.Our professional, highly trained, and dedicated staff are committed to our students, families and community as well as providing the best education experience possible for our students. Their commitment will help give all of our students a foundation for success during these important school years and beyond.
As a nationally recognized District of Distinction by Modern Teacher, our focus is on creating a nurturing culture, innovation, purposeful learning, and quality assessment. Through our nationally recognized #Forward initiative, our classrooms are being transformed into learner-centered spaces that empower our students to achieve their potential. We truly believe, “Every student deserves the very best education every day.”
The J.O. Combs School District prides itself in the varied and extensive opportunities that are available to our students in our eight schools. Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- A comprehensive learner-centered curriculum designed to prepare students for college or a career.
- Career and Technical Education courses, offered by CHS or EVIT, that lead directly to certification and high paying jobs in a variety of professions.
- AP/Dual Enrollment courses at the high school.
- An award winning fine arts department offering music, drama, choir, orchestra and band in grades 7-12.
- Championship athletics that offer 11 boys and 11 girls sports at CHS and a total of 11 sport teams for boys and girls at CMS.
- Clubs from 1st grade to 12th grade that allow students to explore their interests.
- High school clubs, such as FFA, DECA and FBLA that provide opportunities to compete at state and national levels.
- Student leadership opportunities at all our schools, that prepare your child to engage in your community and make a difference by having their voice heard.
The J.O. Combs School District strives to provide all students with the rigor necessary to meet the challenges at the next level of their education. At the same time it is our goal to provide a comprehensive educational experience that meets the academic, social and emotional needs of students. As a result of this relevant and engaging learning experience, our students continue to be successful at the local, state and national level within four-year universities, community colleges, trade schools, the armed services, and the work-force.Thank you for taking time to explore our website and learn more about the academic and extracurricular programs we offer in the J.O. Combs Unified School District. I encourage you to become familiar with this site, and to use it often to retrieve information on our district and your child's school.
A strong partnership between home and school will help to provide our students with the education that they deserve. Thank you to parents and the community for partnering with us so that the students who are learning today become the leaders of tomorrow. Our combined efforts show in the results, and the results speak for themselves - together we make a difference.
Dr. Gregory A. Wyman