Summary of Academics
The learning platform for all CCS and CHS blended and online classrooms is Edgenuity. This platform offers students a choice and voice in their academic courses. For credit recovery, Edgenuity offers classes with a pretest that gives students credit for what they know. Then, the remaining lessons provide students with instructional content that is also correlated with real world examples. Edgenuity is not easy, but it can meet students where they are at and build on their skills. For the students in the blended classroom, that learning is guided and supplemented by their course teachers. Edgenuity also gives students suggested due dates, progress reports, immediate feedback, and control over their time. Parents also have access to Edgenuity ParentVue, which allows parents to see grades, time spent on tasks and progress.
Middle school students will attend CCS face to face every day. Their schedule starts at 7:30 am and finishes at 2:00 pm, including lunch. Transportation is not provided for middle school students. Lunch is available each day. The daily schedule includes:
- Math - ELA Writing - Social Studies - Lunch - Elective - Science - ELA Reading
High school students focus on the core subjects of Science, English, Social Studies and Math. The courses include:
- English 9 / English 10 / English 11 / English 12
- World History / U.S. History / Economics / Government
- Algebra I / Geometry / Algebra II / Financial Math / Trigonometry or Pre-Calculus A-B
- Biology / Chemistry / Earth and Space Science / Physical Science / Environmental Science and Physics
Electives are offered both online and through alternate programs:
- Introduction to Art - Art History - Career Exploration - Health - Psychology - Sociology - Wellness
- Intro to Business - Fitness - Personal Finance - Academic Success Strategies - CTE Business Courses, Office TA
- Spanish, Dance, PE, Coding, and Art are offered hands-on when the instructor is available.
- Work Experience Credit - JROTC - EVIT
High school students have both breakfast and lunch available for purchase. Transportation is available for students who follow the all day schedule from 7:30am to 1:45pm.